1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Installation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by karengent, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. karengent

karengent Thread Starter

I have recently purchased a Labtech Wireless desktop optical Keyboard and mouse and am having problems on installation.
    I followed the instructions in the manual which told me to remove my old software, turn the PC off, plug in the new keyboard and mouse and turn the PC back on. This is all fine and all the LEDS are lighting up but I have a log in screen on windows 2000 and now the keyboard won't work to allow me to log in.
    Please help.

2. neosage

neosage

Assuming you have checked that all the cables are correctly seated (i'm not sure if that kit requires independent power; my logitech wireless kit has a power cable running from the USB port to a power supply), it could just be a sync problem with the first time it has been used. The keyboard should have a connect button on the receiver and a chanel button on the bottom of the keyboard, press them both in that order. Same again for the mouse.

There are some general diagnostic procedures here if this fails.

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Hook up a standard PS/2 keyboard, boot, enter the bios, and see if there's a option to enable USB keyboards in the bios. It may work..

4. LBlack

LBlack

I have had my labtech wireless keyboard & mouse for some time & have had no problems until yesterday. The mouse won't respond - I've recharged the batteries, installed new batteries, turned it off & on - any advice??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice