1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Keyboard Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ishikawa91, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ishikawa91

Ishikawa91 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I am having a weird problem with my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0. I bought this as a set with a mouse about 2 years ago. Mouse works fine but recently my keyboard stopped responding out of the blue while I was typing. Now only 1 key works which is currently the letter h.

When I press 'h' or any key that seems to be working the following is spit out. (i had notepad open)
    p[]\789+

I took out the batteries and placed fresh ones, that did not help. I took out the batteries and let the keyboard sit for a day. After a day it worked properly for about 20 minutes but then went back to the same problem but this time which a different key.

I do not eat or drink near this keyboard, so its completely clean in that regard. Any ideas?

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

How old is it? . . Solunds like it has died. Can you try it with a different pc?

3. Ishikawa91

Ishikawa91 Thread Starter

Its only about 2 years old. I have tried it with another pc and had the same issue.

I just want to make sure that the issue is not fixable. I didn't want to buy another keyboard if I don't have to lol.

And a correction to my original post. Its 6000 not 600.

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

If it is not working on two pc's chances are that it has failed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice