1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless keyboard keys repeat,, mouse is jerky

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cullism, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

I have a new HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. My problemm is that the keys repeat (see problemm) and sometimes keystrokes don't regiister. The mouse is jerky. I have contacted HP Support but noone of theeir suggestions have helped. I have tried varying thee sppeed of repeats, etc., but it hasn't made a difference. My OS is Windows 10. I have attached images off the keyboard and mouse settttttings as they are at the moment. Is my keyboard faulty? I have had many keyboards over the years and this is the first one to cause me problems straight away.

Attached Files:

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Move both "Character repeat" sliders in the middle, then apply the change.
    See if that helps.

I'm assuming you have a desktop/tower and not a laptop/notebook.
    Make sure there's a somewhat clear line-of-sight between the USB receiver unit and the keyboard/mouse.
    A USB extender cable can be helpful in doing that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

Thanks fort your advice. Shortly after posting my problem I gave up in disgust and returned the keyboard and mouse, replacing them with a Logitech set. So far (a couple of hours) I haven't had the same problem with the keyboard but the mouse sometimes becomes jittery. I will see how I go after a few days and, perhaps, buy a new mouse pad.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    A Logitech K520 keyboard and Logitech M310 mouse is the wireless set that I use.
    Its receiver unit is on the end of a USB extender cable so it's in clear line-of-sight of both devices.
    That setup works fine for me and prevents any lag time from occurring.
    And they're plug-and-play and require no software be installed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

If my jittery mouse problem persists I will look for a USB extender cable. I have had loys of wireless keyboards and mice (mouses) over the years and have never had this problem before. Does it make any difference whether the USB port is USB3 or USB3?

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    The receiver unit on my wireless set is USB 2.0, so its extender cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port.
    Depending on whether your receiver unit is USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 should determine which USB port you connect it to.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1208735

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice