Wireless LAN in High voltage area

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lacunas

Hey everyone!

I'm planing to install wireless lan in high voltage area and was wondering what problems to expect.
How high voltage affects wireles?

Thanks for your contribution :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Other than possible EMI, it shouldn't be an issue. I'd also like a definition of "high voltage area", are you under a high tension line? :D

How far away are the cables? Are they the major trunk lines on metal pylons or the lower ones on wooden poles?

And are you DIRECTLY underneath?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I doubt you'll see any issue. I have a neighbor about 1/4 mile away, the high tension lines pass about 50' to one side of their house. The WiFi works fine there.

Lacunas

I'm directly underneath the line. Cables are on the metal pylons. I'll be trying to install WiFi in electricity substation.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The lines I'm talking about are the 800,000 volt lines coming from a power station. Electrical power distribution doesn't really have much effect on 2.4ghz signals, I don't see this as an issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online