1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Laptop keeps "FINDING" network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by viper_audio, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viper_audio

viper_audio Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Compaq Persario 2570 with a built in wireless access, and I am getting a great signal via a NETGEAR MR814 Wireless Router.

While surfing, EVERY 3 minutes EXACTLY, I get a pop-up in the icon tray announcing that "one or more networks has been found".

I have to doubleclick and hit "connect" to continue my access. I doubt this is outside interference because it's exactly every 3 minutes.

There is only 1 network showing, and I have 128 bit encryption and WEP active, if that helps. PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks

2. viper_audio

viper_audio Thread Starter

I have fixed my own problem.

I disabled "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" from the network applet in control panel.

It's now perfect!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice