1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless limited connectivity - Vista

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kirkmar, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirkmar

kirkmar Thread Starter

I have a HP laptop G60, running Vista, and internet wireless adapter Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g, driver version 7.6.0.114 and have, all of a sudden, started having problems with my wireless internet connection. Getting message limited connectivity. I have tried following instructions on previous threads related to this problem, including disabling and enabling the adapter. About 3 times of doing this repeatedly the last couple of days, I have gotten a brief home page and subsequent page, but then it times out, seems like it started loading something to cut off the connection. The signal strength is Excellent, but it either times out and more often, it is saying limited connectivity.

I have also done a system restore to a date when it was working fine.

Wondering if it has something to do with the driver.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from HP's web site.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

Do you have any problems when connecting this laptop by ethernet?

Are any other computers using your wireless? If so, how are they doing?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/945887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice