1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless modem keeps reset/rebooting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by trikk, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trikk

trikk Thread Starter

I've been having this problem the past 2 days. around 7-7:30pm my motorola sbg6580 will reboot itself every 15m or so the rest of the night.

I've checked all my line they are in good condition, I've done the whole pull out all the cords let it sit for 1 minute, I've factory reset it.

called the cableone tech support and it even reset while i was on the phone with him. I have a tech coming out tuesday but if it's something i can troubleshoot and fix now i'd rather have that.

I have no idea what could be causing it to do this all of a sudden, does anyone have any idea?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    How? Even a very brief and slight "brownout" could be the cause. You are not using a power strip, right?

Any environmental aspect change around that time--much greater traffic on the modem/router, hotter, colder, etc.?

3. trikk

trikk Thread Starter

I just followed the line form my modem to where it starts. there doesn't seem to be any damage anywhere and all the fixtures are tightened.

I called cableone and they said the line looks good on their end.

the same amount of traffic all day really nothing super. netflix is about it.

It is getting colder outside about low 20's all day. could that cause the modem to frequently lose connection?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice