1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless mouse and keyboard lag

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YerOldPoison, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YerOldPoison

YerOldPoison Thread Starter

Hey guys. Yet another thread by me!

I've got a wireless desktop set (Logitech MK250). The keyboard and the mouse work just fine, until I go play a game. Every few minutes my connection between the USB and the mouse or keyboard or sometimes both at the same time gets cut off/lagged. What the strange thing is that after cca. 3 seconds, when it's back to normal it does all the actions/responds to my typing that I've done in that mid-connection drop. I'm wondering if this is either a connection issue or a software issue. This only happnes when I play online games and at higher settings (tried low too, but it's still the same). Any suggestions on what this might all be about? And what can I do about it if at all!? I am really not willing to plug my old wired set back in and I really like to relax from time to time to play a game or two.

Regards,
    YerOldPoison

PS: I am playing about a meter away from the USB receiver. Tho it still usually responds even at 5+ meters away from the receiver.

2. foshor

foshor

I am expereincing the same issues using the Logitec MK 250 keyboard (i have the mouse too but have not expereinced any lag with it ) the keyboard however will lag intermitently, for what feals like 30 seconds at a time or more. Then run a number of the comands i gave it once it comes back to life.

This only happens when i'm playing call of duty (the only game i have instaled thusfar) The issue only ocures to the keyboard (ie no game lag as i am typicly getting shot up or exploded as my keyboard is failing me :mad:) It also does not appear to have anything to do with the intesity of the graphic rendering at that moment or anything ells that is going on in the game.

this is a brand new comp with nearly nothing instaled on it other than the games and antivirus:

Win 7 64bit
    Intel i7 870 @2.93ghz
    gigabite motherboard
    4gb 1600mhz Ram
    ATI Radion 5700 w/ 1gb

If anyone can help us locate this issue i would like to know if this keyboard is a peace of junk or if there is somthing ells going on here.

P.s. I am also sitting less than 1m away from the comp and have moved the keyboard receiver to a direct lign of sight... the issue presists.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice