1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Wireless Mouse Dithering

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phil1947, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Phil1947

Phil1947 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8173 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: A: 931 GB (203 GB Free); B: 931 GB (385 GB Free); C: 231 GB (155 GB Free); D: 0 GB (0 GB Free); F: 1862 GB (1048 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8Z68-V LX
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I think my mouse may be causing dithering, particularly in selecting tabs in Chrome, scrolling up or down in search bars, and in attempting to adjust sound level in Windows 10 applications.
    Everything had been operating normally. The dithering occurred suddenly as I was attempting to adjust sound level.
    Adjusting the sound level is particularly bothersome. When I click on the sound bar, the volume creeps all the way to zero, thus I am unable to have sound in applications.
    I have tried a number of things to ascertain whether the problem is with a driver, or software, but all negative.
    I tried two other mice, one wireless, the other USB, and experience the same problems with use of the other mice as well.
    I restored system to before the problem surfaced, but that was no help.
    The dithering is not as pronounced in Firefox.
    I am using AVG virus protection, free version.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. Phil1947

Phil1947 Thread Starter

Issue resolved - replaced monitor.

eddie95 likes this.
  3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Glad you got it sorted out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice