1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Mouse Hardware over existing one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ymi7, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ymi7

ymi7 Thread Starter

Hello,

I hope I post this in the right forum.

Basically I have a wireless keyboard and mouse comes with the computer.

I've purchased a new optical wireless mouse to replace my old one.

I've installed the new hardware for the new mouse, plug out the old mouse cable and plug in the new one, but the new mouse simply doesnt work.

I uninstalled the hardware but every time I switch on the computer a message to install a new hardware kept popping up and I have to restore my computer to rectify this.

Now, I dont want to go to the same problem again, can someone guide me through this?

Oh yes, by the way, when installing the new mouse driver, there are 2 options - installing wireless mouse only, and another one is installing a combo wireless device and I chose installing wireless mouse only.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

2. WarC

WarC

That's the problem then. You have a combination wireless mouse and keyboard, not just a mouse. So you end up installing the drivers only for the mouse. When you restart the system it finds that wireless keyboard again and wants to install it. I would advise you to remove the wireless mouse drivers and software and then restart the process making sure to select the proper keyboard and mouse models that you have during the install process. You should actually be able to keep the existing wired mouse plugged in during the entire process. It shouldn't effect anything.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice