1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless mouse is jumpy?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RowdyMoody, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RowdyMoody

RowdyMoody Thread Starter

hello, i recently bought a new keyboard and mouse so i could play my pc games on my big screen from across the living room. i never had any problems with my optical mouse with a cord, however after switching to this wireless laser mouse i noticed that the mouse movement seems "jumpy" compared to my optical with the cord being very smooth mouse movements. ive tried going into mouse pointer options and unchecking the "enhance pointer precision" box and that didnt help, ive tried getting closer to the sensor and that didnt help, tried replacing the batteries and that didnt help, and then i even tried cleaning off the lense and that didnt help either, ive tried using the mouse on multiple surfaces and neither really seem to affect how it moves. if there are any other suggestions i would love to hear them, this is very annoying since i hook my pc up to my tv to get a better experience out of my video games and it sucks because the wireless mouse isnt very smooth and ruins it. help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

2. Sponsor

3. BG-0

BG-0

Wireless mice will always be jumpy and/or less precise than corded ones, I would personally just hook a long USB extension cord around the room, so that it doesn't cause any trouble and use that. If you find it impossible, you'll just have to consider a better wireless one..
    Which mouse are you using now? Link the kit or something.

4. RowdyMoody

RowdyMoody Thread Starter

ive got the logitech LX310 wireless keyboard/mouse combo, and it was around 50 bucks so i imagine its not the greatest one in the world, ill just take your advice and probably end up getting a better wireless mouse, any suggestions? im a gamer. but not such a crazy gamer i would spend a ton on one.

5. sunnyeagle

sunnyeagle

Get yourself a Logitech MX 518 mouse.... great for gaming.

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Just bear in mind there is a 15' limitation on usb cord that will work.

7. willdesired

willdesired

Recently, I configure a wireless mouse for my office computer, during the using time of wireless mouse, I find it is jumpy too and even hate to use it, Personally, I like using wired mouse more than wiress mouse!:eek:

8. Tanis

Tanis Shane

If you are a gamer then I would suggest not going wireless, stay wired and try to setup a USB extension as suggested. Wired will always outperform wireless in gaming in my opinion. I used to use a Logitech G7 and often had intermittent jumping / sticking problems and it was only about 6 inches from the sensor!

Now using a G500 and it is so much better, yes it's an expensive mouse and you don't have to spend that sort of money, but I would always suggest wired over wireless for gaming. It's really annoying when your battery dies and you are in the middle of something aswell :)

9. screenaid

screenaid

That's a nice game mouse!(y)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920706