Wireless mouse not working right

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StanC

Hi Guys
I use a wireless mouse with my desktop - it has been running without a problem for more than a year. Recently it started moving the cell pointer in a "shocky" manner. I replaced the batteries - but still not working right. It is a 2.4G made in China. Any thoughts?
StanC

1. Reset the mouse settings.

2. Use a system restore point before the issue

3. Check whether CPU or RAM is reaching 100 % while this glitch happens.

4. Create another user account. See whether the issue persists

It would be nice to know your OS version

StanC

JKLE
My desktop:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20190819093321.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Unfortunately, I am not digitally savvy enough to understand how to do the steps you suggest.
StanC

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
We're not there, so it could be a very simple fix or it could be something more complicated.

Ignore steps #2 and #4 because that may cause you even more problems.

Switch to a USB wired mouse and see if your computer has the same issue.

Examine the bottom of the wireless mouse and make sure it's not dirty or clogged.

------------------------------------------------

StanC

Well - another miracle. I decided to try a fix on my own. I shut down the computer. Pulled the little mouse transmitter that was plugged into a USB port. Rebooted. Plugged in the transmitter to a different port - and AMAZING - it now works without the bugginess. IT has only been a few minutes - so it may be wishful thinking. But I've got my fingers crossed.
If this turns out to be a permanent fix I'll mark the query SOLVED later today.
Thanks
StanC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online