1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless mouse not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Torquemada, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torquemada

Torquemada Thread Starter

I got a Microsoft Wirless Optical Keyboard and Mouse to go with the new Dell Latitude notebook issued by my employer. The wireless receiver had a PS/2 and USB connector from the wire coming out of it. The Dell had only 2 USB plugs in the back, so I got a PS/2>USB converter and used both USB ports. The keyboard worked when the one native USB plug was attached to the lower USB port on the Dell, but not when I used the upper USB port. The mouse did not work at all no matter how I switched things around. This is a brand new system wiht XP professional, 512 ram and I'm buying Microsoft products and the :mad: thing won't work. Wonderful. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Did you have to put the USB adapter you bought on the mouse connector? if so, often times the usb adapter will only work if it was made for the mouse (or keyboard for that matter) you are trying to use it on. You may have to go to Micro$oft to get one that will work!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice