1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless mouse trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by calibretto, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. calibretto

calibretto Thread Starter

i recently purchased a wireless mouse for use w/ my laptop. i installed the mouse and now i have a little mouse in my system tray so i know it's installed. but i can't get my computer to recognize it. it doesn't show up in control panel. everything's plugged into where it should be and this is the only disk it came w/. apparently this disk works or i wouldn't have the mouse icon in my system tray, right? can someone please tell me what it is i'm doing wrong?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you press the "connect" button on either the mouse or the wireless adapter? All of my wireless mice have them, and they search for the connection. Of course, you also have to put batteries in the mouse! :D

3. calibretto

yes, of course. the mouse is rechargable so it came w/ batteries and i've pressed connect a dozen times ormore and still nothing happens.

4. norton850

norton850

It may or may not matter, but what do you have for a mouse?

5. calibretto

the wireless mouse is compaq. it's a different brand from my laptop (sony vaio), but i don't think that should matter. nothing on the box or paperwork said that it was strictly for compaq pc's.

6. norton850

norton850

7. calibretto

yep... usb.

8. calibretto

what's weird is i got an email saying that you (norton850) had replied and now i come to the board and the reply isn't there. like a twilight zone moment or something. doo doo doo doo... anyway... i don't think there's a connect button on the mouse. there's the two normal mouse buttons, the wheel, and there are two buttons on the side that are "make it look cool" buttons i assume. but i don't remember a connect button.

9. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    the connect button would be on the bottom of the mouse usually. not the top.

10. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

Usually you press connect on reciever, then press connect on mouse

11. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It should look like a tiny red circle on the bottom of the mouse. You'll need a sharp, pointy object to press on it. You should hear or feel a click when you do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice