1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless-N Repeater

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jazz1232, Aug 21, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Jazz1232

Jazz1232 Thread Starter

i have my wireless repeater connected to my WiFi. My WiFi is set to power off my WiFi every night around 3 in the morning. It powers back o. Around 7:30 I. The morning. My repeater always lose connect to my WiFi after being off over night, but don’t lose connection to WiFi if I just turned the WiFi off for 2 minutes then turn it back on, I must reset my repeater every day so it may connect to my WiFi, I never had to do this with my NETGEAR extender, why do have to do that with the Wireless-N WiFi Repeater?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Why are you shutting down for only 4 1/2 hours?

3. Jazz1232

Jazz1232 Thread Starter

The socket is set to turn of around time, it’s all on a timer, why won’t the repeater pick the signal back up when the WiFi come back on?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You'll probably need to ask the manufacturer or designer or developer. My guess is that it stops looking for the signal after some (probably short) period of time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice