1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless net not working, lan&usb status light not lit on modem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by invain, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. invain

invain Thread Starter

Our wireless internet was working just fine the last time I was on the computer. I was gone for a few hours, and when I returned I noticed the wireless net was out. (I'm on dial-up backup now). The LAN&USB status light on our wireless modem is not lit up, which is probably what my problem is.

2. invain

invain Thread Starter

BTW, our modem is connected to the computer through the ethernet card. When I look at the back of the card where the plug-in jack is, none of the lights are lit up. On the device manager though, it says the card is working fine...

3. DBClark

DBClark

Try turning everything off. Restart the modem or modem/router combo if that what it is, if not then turn on the router, then the pc's.

Did your system go into standby or hibernate while you out?

4. invain

invain Thread Starter

It was probably in standby since I was gone for a few hours.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice