1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Netgear

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by rlancon, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlancon

rlancon Thread Starter

Question 1

I have a dual boot xp machine with a Netgear WG311 card which works great while under XP. When I boot into SUSE although the card is recognized, it does not function. How can I get this to function?

Part 2

I have a Nexdisk and a Sony flash drives 128MB and 256 MB and neither is recognized by SuSe when plugging into a USB. Once again they work fine in XP and also worked under Lycoris,Knoppix, (when I was trying out distro's before settling on purchasing SuSe) Is there any way to get SuSe to recognise these?

If it is relevant, I have my SuSe on a separate hard drive of its own and allowed to to configure itself so its not on an XP drive. Everything else seems to work as advertised no problem. I would LOVE to be able to get on the net utilizing SuSe and perform some updates and downloads. Any solutions or suggestions ( adding an e card etc. ) would be greatly appreciated. If I have to buy something to make it work that is no problem. I am not looking for cheap, just want to make this work. Thank you in advance.

Ray in Kingwood, Texas

2. lynch

lynch

SuSE has what I think is one of the best support database of the main Linux players.
    I found this set of guidlines,etc there.

Here's another Howto that may help.
    lynch

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice