1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Network Adapter Missing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bulse_Eye, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulse_Eye

Bulse_Eye Thread Starter

First of all, I would like to apologise for my lack of knowledge on the subject and potentialy bad english, since it ism't my first language.

I have HP Foolio 9470m with Ubuntu 14 and Windows 7 installed. The laptop has been working *perfectly* until yesterday. I left it on (using windows at the time) for about 2-3h with some windows open. When I came back and wamted to close them, they all went not responding and I got thr "windows explorer has stopped working" message. I restarted the PC, and my wifi wouldnt connect. I tried toggling the wifi button on the laptop (it was turned off (LED was orange)) but with no success. When I tried to enable/disable the adapter, it wasn't there. Then I noticed that the 'wifi icon' in the start bar, next to the clock was missing as well. I googled a bit, tried to update drivers (hard without internet tho, I am sharing my mobile internet via hotspot). In the device menager, there was no wireless driver. Tried to 'scan for new hardware' in order to 'install' it again, but with no success yet again.

This next part is possibly where I screwed up. I tried adding legacy hardware (some intel wifi drivers) but none of the worked, they alll had yellow warning sign next to them so i uninstall them. Only one stuck and wouldnt uninstall even if i checked the box 'remove from the system' or smth loke that. I cant remember the name of the driver and cant look it up because, and here we come to my second problem, my laptop wont boot now. It is stuck on the 'starting windows' screen. It even booted yesterday after a long time, but wouldnt shut down properly (taking too long again). I should mention that after restarting it a couple of times (before the boot prpblem occured) I downloaded some wimdows 7 wifi drivers from hp website, on my phone, then transfered it and installed. After installimg the first one, nothing happened. No changes in the device menager, so I installed the second one. The same story. Then the boot problem occures.

I tried booting Ubuntu, and it worked just fine. Until this morning, when my mousepad stopped working. This problem occured before, and I was able to resolve it, and there is a possibilty that these two arent connected, but I figured it was worth mentioning it.

All help and any advice is highly apreciated. Thanks!

2. Xsage

Xsage

First Name:
    Dave
    can you boot windows in safe mode and remove any/all of the drivers you installed?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice