1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless network adaptor dont work

Discussion in 'Networking' started by vyas_rupesh, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vyas_rupesh

vyas_rupesh Thread Starter

Hi
    i have a prsario v6000 hp notebook with originally Windows Vista BASIC , BUT NOW I chnaged to XP professional ( V6211 AU )

everything is working ok , except the wireless network , i trid to install Intel PRO (R) wireless network 3945 ABG network connection ..but not working ( yellow ! mark apperas - code 10 error I DEVICE DONT WORK CORRECTLY )

i check that

1. in the device manager Wireless adaptor Intel PRO (R) wireless network 3945 ABG not working

2. tried 2 -3 times to uninstall and reinstall but ....no help

3. in the details its says that " The channel selection for an ad hoc 802.11a adapter is disabled."

my all frnd PC detect the signal but not my pc

can u help me

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you find the correct drivers for that laptop and XP from the HP site? There are some machines that don't have XP drivers available, this may be one of them.

3. vyas_rupesh

vyas_rupesh Thread Starter

ok , lemee try this

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice