1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Network Adaptor for Vista missing.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Psychosomatic, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Thread Starter

Hey, just reinstalled vista. First thing i did was try to connect to net, " This computer does not have a wireless network adaptor installed and configured" Will this be on teh driver and utilities CD i got with my computer? or must i get it from an external source?

Thanks

2. joeten

joeten

hi try the disk

3. pedroguy

pedroguy

As Joe said,it might be on the disc.If not and this is really a driver issue,I would go to the pc manufacturer's web site and download the wireless adapter driver for your make and model pc.(And I am assuming that you did have wireless capability before)
    I would also take a look in device manager at the network adapter section to see if it shows any error indications for those adapters.
    Generally when things go wrong with devices over a re-install,it is a driver issue.

4. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Thread Starter

I shall try now, Thankyou

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/820008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice