1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless network adaptor problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sachin_mt, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sachin_mt

sachin_mt Thread Starter

Hi,

The internet which I was accessing through wireless, stopped working suddenly on my Compaq Pressario V6000 laptop.I am able to access the wireless internet through one of my Desktop but not through my laptop which proves that the router is fine.The LAN is working fine on the laptop but it does not show any Wireless tab for configuration under the Network connection's menu.

I checked the network adaptors and I am using nVIDEA NFORCE networking controller.I am sure this should be supporting wireless connection.The adaptor is enabled and working fine.

I checked the Wireless button also on the laptop and it is fine,I tried running the HP Wireless Assistant utility but it does not run at all.I do not know how I can re-install it to run.

Now pl. let me know.
    1.How can I re-install HP Wireless Assistant?
    2.How can I check whether the wireless device is enabled?
    3.How can I solve this problem?

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Try unistalling the card in the device manager and then rebooting the PC to have Windows reinstall it.

Regards,
    Rollin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/627504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice