1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless network connection, keeps disconnecting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by talha02, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. talha02

talha02 Thread Starter

hi
    i was just wondering if someone could help me with this problem i m having with my wireless netwrok.
    ok so i just installed a wireless netwrok adapter on my other computer. nd after i did that my own computer keeps disconnecting and loosing connection. i dunt noe why this is happening. it gets really annoying because when i m surfing on the net it just losses connection.
    can n e one tell me how to fix this problem
    thanx in advance

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please describe your entire network, brand and model of modem, router, etc., and how everything is connected.

Are other computers also losing connection? If so, at the same time?

3. talha02

talha02 Thread Starter

Arite
    So basically, I have 4 computers connected to this network.
    Wireless router: d-link wireless g router rangebooster
    Computers:
    1.Connected thru Wireless card (don’t know the name)
    2.Connected thru wireless adapter (hawkings)
    3.Connected thru wireless adapter (trendnet)
    4.Connected thru wireless adapter (beliken)
    And yes they do all disconnect @ the same time

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If the router is losing its connection to the modem see if there is a firmware upgrade for it.

If the computers are losing connection to the router suspect wireless interference, such as from a 2.4Ghz cordless phone or another wireless network on the same or close channel as yours.

5. talha02

talha02 Thread Starter

Ok I will see if there iz a firmware upgrade for it

But how do I check bout the phone? And how do I find out if another wireless network is on the same or close channel as mine?

thanx fo the help so far. appriciate it.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Phone check: unplug the base station and remove the handset's battery or hide the handset far away where it cannot interfere.

Your wireless utility(ies) should be able to detect (most) networks in your area; you may have to click on "details" or something like that to see the channels. Or download NetStumbler www.netstumbler.com to see all the networks and channels at once.

Or, you can just try different channels. In North America the non interfering channels are 1, 6 and 11. If you are in a crowded area (e.g., apartment) you may have to try others.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644869

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice