1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Network Connection Missing TCP/IP Protocol

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jesscubed, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesscubed

jesscubed Thread Starter

God knows how this happened, but I've been yanking my hair out attempting to fix it.

I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 9300.

Upon restart a few days ago, I was unable to connect to any wireless connection. My Wireless Network Connection Properties box looked as such:

[​IMG]

After re-installing the Intel/Pro Wireless 2915ABG program/drivers/etc., when I click on "Configure" it goes to the adapter's properties screen. (woohoo!)

However, I have no TCP/IP protocol. I click on "Install", choose "Protocol" and receive the following error:

"Could not add the requested component. The error is: The system cannot find the file specified".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's making me positively nuts.

Thank you!
    Jess

2. redmonkie

redmonkie

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your wireless network card. I had the same prob with my Dell Inspiron 9300 and just downloaded the lastest drivers and it works fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/829007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice