1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless network diconnects when I plug in the power adapter/charger!?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dannyboy92, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannyboy92

Dannyboy92 Thread Starter

Hi I'm using an Advent 7111 Laptop using Windows XP Media Centre SP2.
    I have an Orange Livebox wireless router (formerly Wanandoo I believe) and I can connect wirelessly on my laptop just fine when it is running on just the battery. As soon as I plug in the power adaptor/charger, the wireless connection disconnects. When I hover the cursor over the wireless connection logo in the bottom right corner (system tray i think it's called) it says the connection strength is excellent!?:confused: But even when it says it is excellent strength I still can't sign to Windows Live Messenger or surf the web! Please reply ASAP please!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I did that to myself once when I carelessly put the power supply too near the wireless adapter. :(

If your power supply is not within inches of the adapter, and not in the direct path between router and adapter's antenna I'd guess you have a serious problem with the power supply or with the overall wiring in your house. Try plugging into the same outlet as the router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/560634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice