1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Network Disconnect

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Ranzi, Aug 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ranzi

Ranzi Thread Starter

Hello.

I have trouble with my wireless network.

Occasionally (2-10 min intervals) I lose connection but in my task bar the wireless network icon is as if I still have a connection.

When I click the icon, the wireless connection list prompts, and I see that I'm connected to the network, but the rest of the list is empty. (See Before.png)
    Before.png

If I wait about 5 seconds, the list fills up with wireless networks and the connection issues are resolved. (See after.png)
    after.png

The issue resolves itself after 5 seconds that i click the icon, but it is still quite annoying, since online gaming is ruined as is writing in any sort of online text editor.

Thank you in advance.

Edit.

I get this problem on all wireless networks. My other devices are fine. I've had this problem for about a year.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200H CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8075 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 88 GB (6 GB Free); D: 133 GB (31 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X550JK
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do you have the latest correct wireless driver from the PC manufacturer's web site?

3. Ranzi

Ranzi Thread Starter

Yes I've got the latest drivers for BIOS and Wireless Adapter.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know what else to look at. Might be a defective adapter or a Windows 10 "feature."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice