Wireless Network Disconnect

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ranzi

Hello.

I have trouble with my wireless network.

Occasionally (2-10 min intervals) I lose connection but in my task bar the wireless network icon is as if I still have a connection.

When I click the icon, the wireless connection list prompts, and I see that I'm connected to the network, but the rest of the list is empty. (See Before.png)
Before.png

If I wait about 5 seconds, the list fills up with wireless networks and the connection issues are resolved. (See after.png)
after.png

The issue resolves itself after 5 seconds that i click the icon, but it is still quite annoying, since online gaming is ruined as is writing in any sort of online text editor.

Thank you in advance.

Edit.

I get this problem on all wireless networks. My other devices are fine. I've had this problem for about a year.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200H CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8075 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 88 GB (6 GB Free); D: 133 GB (31 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X550JK
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

TerryNet

Terry
Do you have the latest correct wireless driver from the PC manufacturer's web site?

TerryNet

Terry
I don't know what else to look at. Might be a defective adapter or a Windows 10 "feature."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online