1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Network Disconnected

Discussion in 'Networking' started by num, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. num

num Thread Starter

Hello,

I have purchased a Netgear RangeMax Wireless-N Gigabit Router and I am running at the speed of 300 mbps and I am constantly getting disconnected. My receiver Netgear RangeMax Next Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter also capable of 300 mbps but I am constantly loosing signal, the internet stops working all together. I have checked with my modem, there is no problem. My computer and receiving and router sit all in the same place as I had with my G network and there was no problems with G but I have issues with the N Draft 802.11n network. Why? How can I fix this?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    By "constantly loosing signal" do you mean that the router's signal "disappears" and you can no longer detect it? How do you recover (regain a connection to the router)?

What OS are you using?

3. num

num Thread Starter

I do not essentially lose the "signal" but I am no longer able to use the internet.

I am using Windows XP I have made no changes to the firewall or anything like that so everything is open. I have another computer which has no firewall or anything like that and is still experiencing similar issues.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    So, the router's signal remains OK, but you have two computers that lose the connection? Or just cannot access the internet? How do you recover?

5. num

num Thread Starter

i actually have 3 computers, two wireless and one wired. All stop having the ability to use the Internet. i just wait it out

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Is the router losing its connection to the modem? If so, look for a firmware upgrade, and then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

Or are all the computers losing their connections to the router?

7. num

num Thread Starter

all computers are looking connection, there is no power loss.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice