Wireless network error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mphair

I am having an odd (at least i think its odd) problem arisng while i am trying to set up my wireless network...it works for a bit (maybe a couple min) and then the internet shuts down. my network is still up because i can still see the shared files on the network but my internet just stops working. i have timewarner road runner cable, running to an 8 port linksys router, then to the uplink port to a 4 port linksys wireless router. Then going to my dell inspiron 6000. it shouldnt be a computer based problem because it works for a bit. I can disable the internal network card and then enable it and it works again for a few minutes.

i dont have much experience with wireless networks so any advice would be helpfull.

thanks in advance,
-mphair

mphair

well...i got it working, instead of plugging the 8 port line into the first port of the 4 port wireless and toggling the 'uplink' switch, i plugged the 8port line into the 'internet' port of the wireless router. and it seems stable enough now. i also got it secured and, for some reason (it doesnt seem to make sense), the signal seemed to get stronger throughout the house because it was secure.
well, at any rate, its working now
-mphair

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts