1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless network interrupted by incoming phone calls

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pablomo, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pablomo

pablomo Thread Starter

I've just recently gotten sattelite ISP with wireless router and modem the problem I'm having is anytime that I receive a call, it interrupts my internet service. Does anyone know of anything that I can do that would help with this? Thank you, pablomo

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Is this the satellite service that is also tied into your phone line? Is it a wireless phone?

Please supply the following info.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
    Make/model of the broadband modem.
    Make/model of the router (if any).
    Connection type, wired, wireless.
    Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
    Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
    Version and patch level of Windows, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

3. pablomo

pablomo Thread Starter

Thank you for your quick reply and I apologize for the lack of info. I am currently away from my home and computer but will post all the information that you've requested tomorrow morning when I get home. Thanks again.

4. invalidusername

invalidusername

First, provide the requested information above.

Also, if any of the below applies to you, try it.

Cordless phone that operate on 2.4G frequency band can interfere with wifi which also operates in the same band. You can try changing router's wireless channel to see if that helps (use your cell phone to call home phone for test).

Also, move the cordless phone base unit away from where the router and/or computer are.

5. pablomo

pablomo Thread Starter

I apologize if this message is posted twice, I signed in and left info but I couldn't find my reply, anyway here goes.

ISP: WildBlue Satellite
    Router: Belkin wireless router with MIME
    Connection: wireless
    Wireless adapter: Belkin G USB wireless adapter
    Computer: Emachines D6405, AMD Athlon 64 processor, 2.00 Ghz
    Version: Windows XP Home, unsure of version

Thanks to all who are helping with this matter. I've just read the reply from invalidusername, and I have a cordless 2.4 Ghz phone sitting right beside my wireless adapter. I'm going to change channels on router right now and move the phone.
    JohnWill, I hope this info helps and thank you. pablomo

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If the satellite service doesn't use the phone line, then I'm guessing that it could be that cordless phone or other interference.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice