1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Network Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Nanotek, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanotek

Nanotek Thread Starter

I am having a big problem in my office network. I just installed a Edimax wireless router, followed the steps to install it and now I can't connect XP/Vista Home computers to internet. They connect the router but no internet connection on either one (about 7 laptops). The Windows 7 and Vista Pro connects at internet without any problems. I know there are some packages from Microsoft for this problem but i really can't run around to install fixes on all computers, so I am asking you guys for a simpler solution.

I apologize for my village english and thank you in advance!

LE: to make it easier for you guys i'll try to give some more details:
    - all computers have automatic ip/dns
    - tried to turn off firewall on both (computers and router)
    - updated some computers drivers
    - tried more settings on router (until i even stopped connection also on W7 and Vista Pro laptops... so i had to reset router, yes, I got disperate)
    - tried it with and without anti-virus
    - the only thing that is comon on this computers are the operating systems (XP SP3 and Vista Home)
    - no wep/wpa key required (i choosed network unsecure, it's not a permanet network, we will use it a few weeks until linux server and new internet connection will be ready)
    - the connection is from a ADSL modem wich is connected to the wireless router

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Pick one of the problem computers to work on. What non-Windows security application(s) do, or did, you have on the machine?

Please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice