Wireless network security

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ms Luvbug

If this is a really stupid question then I'm sorry! If I take my laptop out with me and then set it to detect wireless connections and then use one of those connections that is unsecure will security stuff start to run to protect my computer? (i.e is it safe? and if not wh do I have to do to make it safe?)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you're running on foreign WiFi networks, you should have current anti-virus, firewall, and spyware protection running. You also have to realize that unsecured WiFi connections are open to anyone with a small amount of technical knowledge and surf accordingly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online