1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless network suddenly doesn't show up, but wired it works?!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by b1sh, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. b1sh

b1sh Thread Starter

Hi there,

I'm having this strange problem i never had before, yesterday when i turned on my laptop, strangely i couldn't find my wireless network on the list, i can see all the neighbors networks that always show up but NOT mine! I adding a wireless network manually but that didn't work either so i removed it, then i plugged in the cable and its working perfectly, but i just can't figure it out why wouldn't the wireless work. I tried clicking that "connect even if the network is not broadcasting" but that didn't make any changes!
    I have a dell inspiron 1525, windows 7, ZyXEL Prestige 600 router

ohh and yes, this last week i would sometimes loose signal from my adapter, i usually had to switch it off and then on again and it would work. But i have no idea what should i do now :confused: !

Please HELP!

2. vicks

vicks

Hi and welcome to TSG forums.
    Did you try to reset the router? Also if you remove all other possible connections, then let the computer refind them perhaps your own setup will show...
    Vicks

3. b1sh

b1sh Thread Starter

i just tried reseting the router but no still the same, only the cable works, still won't find my wireless network :(

4. vicks

vicks

Have you tried using the ipconfig? press the Windows logo key and the r key at the same time. This will open a command window. In there type "ipconfig /all" without the " marks (note space between the ipconfig /all).
    let us know if this helps or not,. Perhaps Johnwill or Terrynet will be by a bit latter. They are the guys that really specialize on these problems.
    Vicks

5. b1sh

b1sh Thread Starter

:( still not working, tried that but nothing! thanks for replying to my threads though, i hope someone will help me with my problem, i have no idea what to do!

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again. Here's How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Let's see this as well.

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

7. b1sh

b1sh Thread Starter

Hi Johnwill,

I tried deleting all the profiles and then searching again but it didn't find my wireless network again. So i downloaded that xirrus wifi inspector and im sending you the screen shot. As i can see this wifi inspector can not see my wireless network either :S, non of those profiles listed is mine. My wireless profile name is Girls, and i still don;t see that on the list!

Attached Files:

8. JohnWill

Reset the router and see if it appears. Does the wireless network show up on any other computers?

9. b1sh

b1sh Thread Starter

i reseted the router but same, everyone else's network appears except mine. And it doesn't show on my sister's laptop either!

10. JohnWill

Well, if it's not showing up anywhere, there's some problem with the wireless router.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice