1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless network tab missing in VISTA

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lightingbird, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightingbird

lightingbird Thread Starter

Hello all,

Weird problem. I hooked up a linksys device to one of my laptop to change settings on it. Now that I have unhooked it. For some reason, there is no longer a network tab under the properties of my wireless card! I have enabled the wired and wlan config in services but it still will not come back! I'm trying to configure a wireless connection with the internal wireless card like I normally do. The tab is just no longer there! I have no idea why and I'm lost.

Any ideas? Remember this is Vista there is no wireless zero configuration just the wired and wlan config.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

3. patsfan20

patsfan20

Im sure that there is a Connect to... in the start menu

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/807332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice