wireless network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kyta

:confused: Hi,
I recently got my laptop repaired. I had to have a new hard drive installed, now for some reason My wireless signal strength is very low. I cannot leave the room with the wireless router or i lose connection. I used to be able to go to the third floor of my house and always have a very good connection.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Kyta

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The only thing I can think of is it's a laptop that requires some disassembly to replace the HD, and the internal antennas didn't get properly reconnected.

kyta

Is there anyway that i can check to see if these are connected properly, I checked to see if they are plugged in tight and they are, but other than that i don't know what i am looking for.

Thanks,
Kelly

kyta

well here are my results.

not sure if this is what you need''

speed 54mbs
SNR 18
signal + -82
noise -100

thanks again,
Kelly

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If they're plugged in, they're probably connected, unless they're damaged. This is a "post from the grave", I thought this was long since settled. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online