1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Networking problem... Internet access

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dlatronica, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlatronica

dlatronica Thread Starter

Ok, I'm new to this site, so bear with me please. I have two Dell laptops. I am connecting to a Dell Latitude D820 (os Windows XP), with my Dell Inspiron, (os Windows 7). I can see the latitude in my network and can connect, but have no internet access. here are my issues:

1st - I do diagnostics on the connection and the Gateway IP ping fails.
    2nd - The latitude uses a Verizon Aircard to get to the internet
    3rd - I was on the phone with Dell support for 1 and 1/2 hrs, and they couldn't figure it out?!?
    4th - I had it working at one point, but had done so many things .... not sure what made it work.
    5th - Do I need a router in order to use the internet connection from the latitude. I do have a linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router that I used with a linksys router on the desktop I was using that had no built in wireless card.
    6th - Was the Dell guy correct in saying that I cannot go wireless to wireless between laptops?
    7th- Do I use aquire IP automatically or put the IP, Subnet, and Default Gateway in manually?

Gosh this is soooooo frustrating to me. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice