Wireless networking trouble - unable to connect

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Robyn Tang

I am having problem connecting to the wireless network that has recently been set up between my computer and another. I can only get a signal is if I manually move the antenna on my network card around.

Even when I do get a signal (the strength is fine at 70%) and see the other computer, I can't go online and no data can be transmitted or received - without having to move the antenna.

There was only one time that my computer was successfully connected which was when I got a Microsoft Network username/password prompt at the start of Windows and the Internet Gateway icon was present.

I'm running on Windows ME, with a D-Link DWL-G520+ wireless PCI adapter. The other computer is on Win XP, with a different inbuilt wireless card that has no difficulties in connecting. The router is a D-Link DI-624 and the modem is a DSL 302G.

I didnt set this network up, but a family friend who did was sure that all the configurations were correct. What could be wrong?

Robyn Tang

Of course. Why wouldnt they? At first it wasnt working, then it did then it stopped again. It's all just flimsy. He's been trying to figure this problem out ever since it occurred, reckons its my computer or the network card but I would like further ideas and opinions from other people.

A computer setting or your network cards are the most obvious. I suggest you explore those possibilities first.
That's my opinion.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online