1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless networking with Ipaq 3630

Discussion in 'Networking' started by **geezer**, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. **geezer**

**geezer** Thread Starter

Hi. I have just bought an Ipaq 3630 with an expansion jacket for a PC card. I also have an 802.11b PC card. I am running a wireless network at home using a Netgear Modem/Router/Access Point with a 802.11b PC card in my notebook. My question - how can I configure my Ipaq to run on the network. I'm just not sure. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. **geezer**

2. Cwolly

Cwolly

That's a loaded question, but basically you need to insert the card, and make sure the drivers and utilities are loaded for the card. Once that is done, you can go into "my network places" then "view network connections. You will see your wireless connection there. Right click and select "view available networks." Unless you have hidden your SSID for your wireless network it should show up. Then it is just a matter of connecting to that SSID.
    Good Luck,
    Cwolly

3. **geezer**

**geezer** Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. What I'm not quite sure about is should I insert my PC card in my Ipaq (with expansion jacket) and connect to my PC via the ActiveSync cable and then load drivers and utilities. Or can I just do this with the PC card loaded into my PC, then attach to my Ipaq once set up. This is because I already have a PC card (802.11b) attached to my PC (notebook) for wireless access to my Netgear Modem/Router/Access Point. I would be grateful for your advice - I'm feeling my way in the dark a little. Thanks.

4. Cwolly

Cwolly

Sorry I actually gave you some bad advice before because I didn't read the question fully. I appologize. Yes I would go ahead and attach with the cable provided and load the drivers. Your Ipaq should actually connect to the wireless network automatically once you have set up the card.
    Good luck,
    Cwolly

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice