1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Networking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Oldie43, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Oldie43

Oldie43 Thread Starter

Hello, have a MSI k9n-Neo MB, have a belkin wireless 54g card (f5d7000 v3000au) in one of the standard PCI slots and also running Vista Ulitmate 32bit. After a couple of hours of non use the card seems to go into sleep mode and will not enable itself. Have to manualy disable then enable the card through Manage wireless neworking. I have turn off all the power saving controls. Come to a conclusion that its something to do with the PCI slots. Have all the lastest drivers installed. Please Help.

2. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Welcome to TSG.

How do you update the driver? from via site?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I really doubt this has anything to do with the PCI connection, that's a really long shot.

Start, Run, devmgmt.msc

Under Network Adapters, locate your wireless card and select Properties. On the Power Management tab, uncheck the power saving option.

4. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Wow BrainyGuy back... Beating on me :(

5. invalidusername

invalidusername

Is this option available on card's properties? (instead of using the commend)

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sure, this is just a shortcut to get to Device Manager. :)

7. Oldie43

Oldie43 Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply, but in the advance properties for my card, i have the power saving feature on CAM (Constantly Awake Mode) and auto reconnect set to enable. And as for updating drivers, I just go through MSI Live Update. Chipset is NVidia nForce 550 Series.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice