Wireless Networking

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Oldie43

Hello, have a MSI k9n-Neo MB, have a belkin wireless 54g card (f5d7000 v3000au) in one of the standard PCI slots and also running Vista Ulitmate 32bit. After a couple of hours of non use the card seems to go into sleep mode and will not enable itself. Have to manualy disable then enable the card through Manage wireless neworking. I have turn off all the power saving controls. Come to a conclusion that its something to do with the PCI slots. Have all the lastest drivers installed. Please Help.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I really doubt this has anything to do with the PCI connection, that's a really long shot.

Start, Run, devmgmt.msc

Under Network Adapters, locate your wireless card and select Properties. On the Power Management tab, uncheck the power saving option.

JohnWill said:
I really doubt this has anything to do with the PCI connection, that's a really long shot.

Start, Run, devmgmt.msc

Under Network Adapters, locate your wireless card and select Properties. On the Power Management tab, uncheck the power saving option.
Wow BrainyGuy back... Beating on me :(

JohnWill said:
Start, Run, devmgmt.msc

Is this option available on card's properties? (instead of using the commend)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Sure, this is just a shortcut to get to Device Manager. :)

Oldie43

Thanks for the quick reply, but in the advance properties for my card, i have the power saving feature on CAM (Constantly Awake Mode) and auto reconnect set to enable. And as for updating drivers, I just go through MSI Live Update. Chipset is NVidia nForce 550 Series.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online