wireless printer and external hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jonnythesurfer

basicaly i have a wired printer and external hard drive conected to a desk top at the moment. i want to get rid of the desk top ,because its just taking up space, and have these pieces of hardware conected to the wireless network so that any computer on it can access it. is there some kind of box that i can connect them to and have it running on the network?

thanks guys and girls

p.s. it would be better if i didnt have to buy a new router

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you use a NAS like the D-Link DNS-323, which has provision for connecting a USB printer and of course would support the hard disk as well. This connects directly to your router using an Ethernet connection.

jonnythesurfer

they are rather expensive tho. if there a version that doesnt have the inbullt memory and literally all it is is a port? that is a good option tho thank you

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You want a hard disk and a printer connected directly to the network. I suspect you're going to have to spend money to make that happen.

jonnythesurfer

i know im going to have to spend some money, i cant do it for free, but NAS's are over £100 pounds. is there not a cheaper way?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I don't know of any routers that offer multiple USB connections and file and print servers, so I can't think of a better way.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online