1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless printer connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by HillbillyTech99, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HillbillyTech99

HillbillyTech99 Thread Starter

I was reading a post on here about someone having an issue connecting a Canon wirless printer to XP. I had the same issue with a Canon MX890, so I hooked it up directly with a USB cable, went onto Canon's website and downloaded the print drivers for the printer. After that its pretty straight forward, just follow the instructions on the screen as far as setting it up on a network directly, USB, or Wireless. If you do it this way the pc will find the printer on your network, not just with the USB it will work wireless once you disconnect the cable. Not sure if there is information from the pc to the machine that is shared thru the USB cable or what, but it works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice