wireless printer problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cy2011

Hello,

I have almost exactly the same problem - it has driven me nuts!

Would you please tell me how you sholved the problem eventually? many thanks in advance.
--I read the further your notes and saw how you solved your problem. But I have done the same many times even now, my problem still remains. I got a feeling the problem is caused by a reason we, even technical people, do not know yet. I have to admit I don't understand how the invisible 'universe' works. Please help me!

A brief description of my problem:

the following items are supposed to connect to the same wirelss network through the wireless router, but my laptops often couldn't see the printer though on the printer side, it indicates the printer is connected to the network.

I have gone through all possible routes (contact printer provider, internet probider: talktalk, even my firewall software provider: NORTON) for help and tried every ways I could think; it appeared sometimes with help, the problem temporarily disappeared, but it wouldn't take a long for it to come back. This really bother us since we bought this printer just over one year ago.

printer model: HP Officejet Pro 8500 wireless;
computers: 2x HP mini laptops with windows 7 operating system, 2 x ACER laptops with windows XP operating systems;
wireless router: HUAWEI Echolife HG521

NOW we haven't been able to print any thing from any of our laptops for over a week. Any help is highly appreciated.

etaf

First Name
Wayne
i have moved your thread to a post of its own, much easier just to deal with one person problem in a thread

I would go through and reset the printer up to the router again - like you did when you first installed

Have a look at the printer and find out what IP it has set , then from one of the laptops try and ping that IP address
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown for the printer possibly something like 192.168.x.x where x and x are numbers }
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Sorry, have been out and about the last few days and could only access internet through my HTC and I couldn't find this thred because it had been moved ( I understand why).

Ok, it sounds like your problem is exactly the same as mine in that you have identical equipment. despite Talktalk denying it is anything to do with them I think it is a problem at their end.

First off, remove all the software to do with your printer and remove it from the system and your computer.

Then, go into your routers homepage and put in the username and password. Go into advanced settings and then go into - BASIC - WLAN and check the WPA encryption settings. If you have it set to TKIP + AES (that was my original setting). Change it to TKIP only, save the changes and reboot.

Then reinstall your printer from scratch.

I haven't had any further problems since doing this.

Hope it resolves the problem for you.

J

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online