1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless printing problem.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mewitham89, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mewitham89

mewitham89 Thread Starter

I have a printing problem using my wireless printer(Lexmark Z2400 series). I have an MSI Wind Netbook with XP Home Edition SP3. I have a wireless router module attached to my Actiontec M1000 DSL Modem.

My problem is that when I start a print job it will go to 99%, with the printer spitting out the document completed. The document remains, as the computer is concerned not complete. When I go to cancel the document it shows that it is deleting it, but remains in that state. If I try to start another print job the previous print job will start again. This doesn't allow me to print the current job. I have visited the Lexmark Website and followed their troubleshooting advice with no results. I contacted their support staff and they have not replied with any help. I don't seem to have this problem if my computer is connected to the printer via the USB Port, but I wish to print wirelessly because i have 3 students in the house using laptops with wireless connections who need to share the printer also.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have you tried stopping the print spooler service, then navigating to C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS and deleting all the files, then starting the print spooler service again?

3. mewitham89

mewitham89 Thread Starter

Thanks Johnwill for the advice, unfortunately this does not solve the problem. Once I start another print job the whole situation starts over again.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

See if this solution helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice