1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless printing to HP 2510 from Win98

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Steven Hill, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven Hill

Steven Hill Thread Starter

I have an HP 2510 that is a wireless printer set up on a home network. There are a couple of WinXP machines that print to it with no problems. I have a Win98 machine setup as a wireless connection using a Linksys 802.11g PCMCIA card. This Win98 machine can see the other machines. I can even get to the printer through IE using the printers IP address. Trying to add the printer results in messages from the install program that the Win98 machine is not up to par and therefore the printer can not be installed. Also, trying to set the printer on one of the WinXP machines as a shared printer and then trying to add that "network" printer on the Win98 machine is not working because I can not seem to get past where it is asking for the drivers. I look on the CD for the printer and that fails. I tried to find them online with no luck. I would just like for the Win98 to be able to print through the HP 2510 wireless. Nothing fancy, just basic printing. Any thoughts appreciated.

Steven Hill
    Martin GA, USA

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice