wireless problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etrix

Hi All, OK I have a Dell wireless router a Dell laptop & a Dell PC.I can connect to the internet from the PC if I don't go through the router. If I connect the router I can't connect to the net with the PC or the wireless laptop. It all used to work until I got a parasite take over my home page. I got rid of the parasite and got the pc back on the net. Do I have to do something to the router also? If so what? Thanks for any help you can give. ED

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
What operating systems are on each machine?

I think I'd just walk thru the setup new network connection.......

etrix

I have XP home on both. I can get on the net with both but not through the router or wireless. I have to connect direct to the lan.
Hope this info helps. Thanks ED

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ok, not that familiar with DSL, but you still have a DSL Modem, correct?

etrix

yes I have a slipstream 5100 broadband modem. It works fine without the router conected. Thanks Ed

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I'd walk thru the make network connection then to see if something got messed up. Be sure to choose the correct setup, i.e. my computer connects thru a residential gateway, then go from there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts