wireless problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kyran

hi i just got a wireless router and i sorted my modem out, anyway , i do exactly what netgear say when i put in the installation disk , and with my modem plugged into the wan port and then it linked to my laptop i can get on the internet , but ofcourse i want it wireless , so once the built in wizard ends it just ends saying succesful , then thats it , my wireless isnt working or nothing.

i went on the settings of the router but i dont really understand it ,so if you understand what im saying here , is there something i have to do after ive run through the netgear installation wizard to make it wireless?

etaf

Wayne
connect by cable and post an iPCONFIG /ALL - see later

then download this program and run it

Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Read through the manual to find out how to enable wireless on the router. If you don't have a manual, you can download one from Netgear's web site.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online