1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless query

Discussion in 'Networking' started by samharrop, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samharrop

samharrop Thread Starter

Hi guys,

You've helped me out a couple of times before, so I'll try again.

I recently bought a broadband wireless router, which I set up at home in connection with my laptop, and this works perfectly, no problems.

My desktop PC has just been fixed, so I decided I wanted to get this online too. So, I bought an arianet wireless USB card for my desktop so that it could access this wireless network that I had already set up.

After a while messing around with various settings, I have got my desktop to recognise this wireless network, and it has managed to connect to this network also when I select it. However, when it says it is connected to the wireless network, I can't access the internet, and I'm wondering why?

What things do I need to check on either my laptop or my desktop to enable my desktop PC to also get online?

Thanks,

Sam

2. Dreusx

Dreusx

Check your internet connection. That menu is inside Internet options "on the control panel."
    See if your dsl connection is set to never dial a connection...

next go to the command prompt.... START>RUN>type cmd > then type ipconfig/all

you should see your IP address if you have a connection.......then type... ping "your IP"

and see if it works....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice