1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless repeater help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by xfrogman, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfrogman

xfrogman Thread Starter

How to set-up dir615 with wpn824v3 as a repeater? I run Windows XP Home on 3 pc's

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm having trouble parsing that question. Which router are you using as a Repeater, and for which one are you asking help?

3. xfrogman

xfrogman Thread Starter

I want to use the dir615 as the main router ( cable internet hooked to) and the wpn824v3 as the wireless repeater and two pc's will be hardwired into it, receiving a signal from the main router.
    I have my mac address and I think I am inputting right, in the wpn824, not sure though. I believe it is asking for me to input a ip address in my netgear (wpn824) which uses 192.168.1.1 and any time I choose a different ip it drops connection to the netgear. I could be going about all wrong. my netgear douter does have repeater capability I have turned it. And thank you responding so quick.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sorry, but I don't know anything about it other than what this manual says. And that is confusing to me. All I can suggest is to just follow the manual slowly and carefully and step by step. Keep track of what part(s) you found confusing so that if necessary you can return and try with another interpretation.

5. xfrogman

xfrogman Thread Starter

Thank you anyway, also your link does not work for me, I will again later thanks again buddy.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1021696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice