1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless router as WiFi adapter?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by joehcet, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joehcet

joehcet Thread Starter

I have a Netgear WGT624 v2 wireless router that I thought I may be able to use as a WiFi adapter. I have a Bell wireless router/modem combo that my pc hooks up to currently, and five laptops that hook up to this network. I will be moving the pc from where it currently is situated to make a video game/tv room, which will include an xbox 360 that does not have a wireless adapter. This where the router would come in if it is possible. I was hoping to leave the network router where it is and hardwire to the xbox 360. The pc, which does not have a wireless ethernet card has windows xp pro on it and I was hoping to use the router for this computer. Thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If the router includes the feature you can use it as a Wireless Bridge or Access Point Client. If it does not include that feature maybe there someday will be DD-WRT firmware for it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice