1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless router behind cable modem/router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mikeypo214, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeypo214

mikeypo214 Thread Starter

Hi,

I need help in configuring my cable modem/router (SMC8104wn-res) and wireless router (CISCO RV120W). What I need is to be able to be able to successfully connect the site-to-site VPN. This is how it was configured:

RV120W > Modem (DSL) > Internet > Cable modem/router > RV120W
    Site 1 Site 2

I don't have issue with the site 1's end. but I need help in configuring site 2 since I need the Cable Modem/router to act as a modem only (do not know how to set this in bridge mode, disabling it as a router) and making my RV120W as the main router and as the DHCP. Can you give me a guide on how to set this up? Thanks!

Regards,
    Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice