1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless router installation

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Frogs453, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Frogs453

Frogs453 Thread Starter

My daughter got an Android tablet for Christmas, so I needed to install a wireless router so she could access the internet, etc. Today I installed a Belkin Surf N 300 router, previously I was just using my broadband modem. After installation, I now can't stay connected to the internet, my connection is extremely slow when I am connected. I can't play any videos from places like youtube, I can't play backgammon on pogo games like I did previously, won't load, boots, errors, etc. When I installed the router, it pretty much installed itself, and I don't really understand the millions of settings it has, etc. So I just don't have a clue as to what to do. I read the manual online, but am still lost. Thanks for any help!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

What is the brand and model of your modem?

Is your daughter experiencing the same problems with the tablet?

3. Frogs453

Frogs453 Thread Starter

ok...checked for firmware updates..it states its up to date. Reset to factory settings, and now it took me over 5 minutes to get in here to respond. My daughter is having difficulty with youtube, and yes the internet is slow and/or losing connection for her as well.

It is a Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router there does not appear to be a model number on the box anywhere.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sounds like the router is defective. Just to check on a few things ...

Disconnect the router from the modem but connect your computer to the router. Can you quickly and easily access the router's status/configuration pages? If so, login to the router, navigate to the wireless section, and set the wireless mode to 'disabled' or 'off' or 'none.' Now try your connection to the internet again with modem -> router -> computer.

What is the brand and model of the modem (not the Belkin router) to which you connect the router?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice