wireless router=same speed?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PritomD

Hi, I know that you may be slower if your wireless, but is the speed of being connected WITH a wire to a WIRELESS router, the same as being connected WITH a wire to a WIRED router? Thanks in advance.

:confused: lol....that was just worded weird I guess....no worries though, I've confused many a person in my posts :p Anyway, if I understand your question correctly, no you shouldn't lose any speed just because you have a wireless router between you and your modem. (If, for example, your set up is like this: cable line ----> cable modem -----> wireless router ------> computer.) That's the set up I have anyway, and have noticed no loss of bandwidth. However, my wireless laptop DOES lose bandwidth, due to the fact that it's not physically connected to the router. (Obviously, with any wireless you'll lose bandwidth). Hope this helped!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The wired ports are wired ports. The wireless section is independent, as far as speed issues are concerned.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online